Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hero Discussion: Reccomendations

Since summer is winding to an end, and if you're anything like me: you're super busy! It's no surprise that I actually didn't even get around to finishing the book... That's OK, I'm sure you didn't either. So, instead of our usual discussion questions, I'm going to go straight to the reccomendations --which you hopefully enjoy just as much (or more) than you enjoyed Hero if you're interested in checking them out. I'll start with the short lists of Graphic Novels/Manga, then get into the lengther book and movie suggestions (because trust me, I have a lot of them!). Books are linked to MORE, if available.

Graphic Novels:
-Bone, Tom Sniegoski
-Fairy Tail (manga)
-Kingdom Hearts (Manga, and also of course a video game)
-Runaways (for the 14+ crowd)
-Listing all of the Marvel and DC comic books would be crazy, but don't forget about those! Many are available on MORE!
-Wolverine (manga, not the comic book, though that's good too)

Television:
-Amazing Spiderman and Friends
-Heroes
-Justice League
-Teen Titans
-Wolverine and the X-Men
-X-Men: Evolution


Movies (Warning: I didn't check the rating on all of these, so be sure to ask your parents permission before watching some of these titles. I *'d the ones I thought would be most questionable.):
-Big Man Japan
-Bolt
-Catomwan
-Daredevil
-Elecktra
-Fantastic Four
-The Green Hornet
-Ghost Rider
-Hancock
-Hellboy
-The Incredibles
-Iron Man
-Kick Ass*
-Megamind
-Pokemon
-Power Rangers
-Sky High
-Spider-Man
-Ultimate Avengers
-Watchmen*
-X-Men
-Zoom

Books (Not in alphabetical order, sorry!):
Hero, Perry Moore
Fearless, Francine Pascal
Captain Underpants, Dave Pilkey
The Awakening, Michael Carroll
Captain Nobody, Dean Pitchford
Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation, Matt Myklusch
Percy Jackson Series, Rick Riordan (link to search page for series)
Shredderman Series, Wendelin van Draanen
Flyboy of Underwhere, Bruce Hale
Great Cape Rescue, Phyllis Shalant
Questors, Joan Lennon
Sidekicks, Jack D. Ferraiolo
Standard Hero Behavior, John David Andersen


While I'm sure I could go on for ages with more reccomendations, that's MORE than enough to keep you busy --and if you don't see anything on the list you like but know of something I forgot: comment!

Next week, we'll start our discussion on Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney. Order your copy via MORE now. t

No comments:

Post a Comment