Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hero Discussion: Comic Book Crusaders

If you know me, you know the only thing I love more than fairy tales, are superheroes. Maybe it's the fantastic elements that go along with it. Who WOULDN'T love the ability to fly, to be able to read minds, walk through walls, or teleport to anywhere they wanted to go? How about regenerative healing, telekenisis, or the ability to converse with wildlife?

I was first introduced to the world of Superheroes at a young age, when Saturday Morning cartoons were still all the rage. The Amazing Spiderman and Friends, X-Men (the original animated series), even hokey superheroes like Freakazoid. I'm pretty sure I watched them all. As I got older, I started reading comic books. It started with Japanese manga. Then I got back into the old school Marvel comics and fell in love with the X-Men. I can lay out histories on almost any character you throw at me, but in particular Rogue. Rogue is awesome and doesn't get nearly enough credit for everything she's capable of.

And lately, it's been complete bliss in the Superhero world. The Green Lantern, The Green Hornet, Thor, and Captain America all in one summer --and The Avengers comes out May 12th, 2012. Directed by Joss Whedon, not to even go into all of the talented cast! It's Fan Girl Heaven, I tell you.

Here are a couple of upcoming movie trailers:








Happy reading!

Samma

No comments:

Post a Comment