Friday, March 15, 2013

You Must Read This!

Cassie and Samma and I have been doing a lot of reading lately in preparation for this summer's theme, Dig Into Reading.  The book I've liked most so far is actually a series of five books that start with Gregor the Overlander by Suszanne Collins. 

Gregor is an eleven year old boy who follows his little sister Boots down a shaft in the apartment basement and discovers a world of oversized bugs and rodents and a group of people know as the Underlanders.  In this first book, Gregor is sent on a mission foretold in a prophecy that names Gregor as the Warrior.  Gregor gets to fly on the back of a bat, which I actually think would be really cool, as well as meet creatures like a three foot high cockroach named Temp.  Temp turns out to be one of my favorite characters, but I still don't like the small kind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment