Saturday, June 16, 2012

Palace of Laughter Discussion: At the Circus

Here in Wisconsin, we're no stranger to the circus. Especially if you grew up in the town of Baraboo. Baraboo, WI is the home of the Circus World Museum (you can view their homepage here), but the short version is that the Ringling Brother's circus, nearly 100 years ago, had set their winter home in the Baraboo area. Back then, it was called the Ringlingville. The last time they camped there for the winter was in 1918, but the site is now a historical landmark.

The Circus World museum is open all summer long, so I highly encourage you to check it out. I'll admit that I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life, and I've never been to Baraboo. Maybe I'll have to do something about that this year.

Here's a few links for you to check out between your reading:
http://www.pbs.org/opb/circus/interact/big-top-trivia-quizes/

http://huntsville.about.com/library/blcircus.htm

Here's a really cool video I found of some Russian circus perfomers.



How are you guys liking the book so far? What do you think of the Tiger? Have you met Little yet? Share your thoughts and any videos and links.

Happy Reading,
Samma

No comments:

Post a Comment