Friday, January 13, 2012

Discussion: Into the Woods by Lyn Gardner

Well, let me first start by admitting: I didn't actually finish reading the book. Maybe I will later. But there are SO MANY books coming in to the library (and that I keep discovering on MORE), that I've been distracted...I had an armful of books come in on our last topic, greek mythology, that Into the Woods was kind of shelved...

But I think I got far enough into it to decide that this book's topic is obviously: sisters.

You thought I was going to do another post about fairy tales, didn't you? Well, that might come into play too, but later.

Reading as much as I did into the book, I could relate a lot to both Aurora and Storm. I'm a middle sister, meaning that I've got the overbearing, bossy sister --like Aurora, always telling me what to do (even when I don't want her to), as well as the younger sister, always getting into trouble (like Storm), and dragging me along with her...

Doing a little research for this post has reminded me that, Disney has the answers to everything.


Books are a little harder though... but here are a few suggestions.

Amelia's Notebook, Marissa Moss (series)
Sisters 8: Annie's Adventures, lauren Barat-Logsted
Beezus and Ramona, Beverly Cleary (also a movie now!)


So, share your sister stories (or your bother stories of you don't have a sister). Other book suggestions, videos, links, etc.

Happy Reading,
Samma

No comments:

Post a Comment